Project Dandelion is the restoration of a Xerox Star 8010 (Dandelion) machine I have into working condition.
Main work log and documentation are on my Dandelion restoration page This page is mostly out of date and not maintained as I figure out what to keep here.
- A detailed Work Log is being kept as I work on this project.
- Next steps: Pull out the PSU and start inspecting it.
- Cosmetic: Basic cleanup work done, loose foam vacuumed out, bottom cover wirebrushed and repainted. Much work still to be done.
- Documentation: Initial internal photos of chassis taken, cable routing photos taken. Wiring harness schematic is being put together as cables are being disconnected.
- Power Supply/Distribution: Power distribution board reversed into a schematic. Lots more wire tracing needs to be done.
- Fans: Not started.
- Backplane/Cabling: Not started.
- ✓ Maintenance Panel/RTC/etc.: Checks out, all functions work as documented.
- Central Processor Card (CP): Not started.
- Memory Storage Card (MSC): Not started.
- Memory Control Card (MCC): Not started.
- High Speed I/O Card (HSIO): Not started.
- Low Speed I/O Processor Card (IOP): Not started.
- Raven/Ethernet Option Card (OPT): Not started.
- Monitor: Not started.
- Keyboard: Not started.
- Flexible Disk: Not started.
- Rigid Disk: Not started.
- Full bootup: Not started.
- Exterior case in good condition, interior has some rust damage and mice have stolen bits of foam/paper to make a nest elsewhere.
- Loose/crumbling foam vacuumed out.
- All loose paper/foam/etc. that could be removed without removing any parts has been removed.
- Fan retention bracket has been removed and wire brushed to remove all rust.
- Bottom cover has been removed, wirebrushed to remove all old paint and rust, painted, and reinstalled.
- Initial photos of chassis taken with panels taken off, no parts removed/disconnected yet.
- Power System documentation
- Maintenance Panel documentation
- Schematic created of power distribution board, will be put into Hackstrich SVN shortly.
- Complete functionality tested, all working OK.
- Internal documentation on the Dandelion: BitSavers Xerox Dandelion Archive
/b> Not started.