The StrichLux PWR-DC5 module will take a DC input (5 or 12V) and output 5VDC @ 20A out on each high-power bus (total of 40A/200W).
- 2013-05: On hold for how due to too many other paying/deadlined projects. Will resume when working on invisibleMaze.
- BRC2013: Ran on the playa without any issues!
- 2012-07-14: Ran off an ATX supply, supplies full power without any issues. Also ran a 1A load w/ no forced air cooling for a couple hours w/o issues.
- 2012-06-14: Replaced output capacitors with 6x47uF and the tunable loop capacitor with 1000pF, now it remains much more stable and puts out 1A continually. Attempts to test higher current failed due to not having a power supply that couple supply enough.
- 2012-06-12: Assembled and tested, draws ~300mA idle and soon goes into thermal shutdown. More troubleshooting required.
- 2012-05-27: Checklist run complete, CAM processing done, sent to MyRO for PCB manufacturing. Parts are already here.
- 2012-05-25: Completed layout, need to do final checklist run before sending off.
- 2012-05-24: One airwire left.
- 2012-05-22: Routing about half done.
- 2012-05-21: Completed schematic, initial component placement on PCB done.
- 2012-05-20: Put BOM together.
- 2012-05-01: Started initial design.
- At least 4.5-13.8V input (will depend on the DC-DCs used)
- 200W / 20A output per bus
- Most likely candidate for the DC-DC converters is the Lineage UVT020A0X3-SRZ
Rev. 1 Issues
- Output capacitors need to be 6x47uF not 2x47uF
- Tunable loop capacitor needs to be 1000pF not 3300pF
- Separate power switches don't work properly when powered from a common ground