Playameter is a joint project between Lisa and myself to create a weather station designed for use at Burning Man.
- 2012-09-09: Dormant until I have more time to work on this with Lisa, hopefully before BM2013.
- 2012-04-23: Assembled charging section and GPS, haven't tested yet.
- 2012-04-06: Assembled new power jacks and LCD backlight resistors, wrote test code and proved microcontroller and LCD are working fine.
- 2012-02: Parts arrived, board stuffed. Found that wrong power jacks and package for solar charger IC were ordered, waiting on the correct ones now.
- 2012-01: PCB design completed and sent off.
- 2012-01-03: Routing complete, but checklists haven't been run through (other than erc/drc passing) and silkscreen hasn't been added. Sent a pull request to Lisa to merge this back in, which she did. Back to her for the rest of the board tasks!
- 2012-01-02: LCD we chose was discontinued. Swapped it for a new one, as well as added an expansion connector and changed L1 to a smaller size. Component placement pretty much done, routing started.
- Pre-2012: Lisa did the schematic capture and initial component placement.
Revision 1 Issues
- +5 pin on ICSP header not connected
- Wrong power jack on BOM (2-pin rather than 3-pin)
- PSB pin on LCD needs to be grounded, not floating