The LaserBox Mux Board controls 36 lasers off three I/O pins, using shift registers. It has 6 separate channel connectors, each with 8 output pins on it.
- 2017-03-18: Boards arrived, built the first one and so far seems to be working with no issues. Have only tested with LEDs, once lasers are tested I'll call this complete.
- 2017-03-03: Completed checklisting, board sent to OSH Park w/ expedited shipping option, should have them a couple weeks.
- 2017-02-28: Submission accepted, will do final review of board and get it sent off for ASAP manufacturing tonight or tomorrow.
- 2017-01-30: Completed schematic/BOM/board layout.
- 2017-01-29: Have been working on schematic and board, schematic/BOM are done, board is 95% done routing.
- 2017-01-21: Started putting together electronics design.
- Bypass capacitors missing from BOM
- Connectors provide a GND pin for each I/O pin, but the I/Os are sinks! Need +5V and I/O really.
- Too late to re-spin the board, the connectors do provide one +5V pin so I'll have to work around the bug with creative cable building.