|Function:||Provide 40 GPIOs, accessible via I2C.|
|Key Chips:||NXP PCA9505|
|External Ports:||40x GPIO|
|Required Pins:||A4 (I2C SDA), A5 (I2C SCL)|
|Optional Pins:||D2, D3 (Interrupts)|
For product information, please see the IOstrich Product Information Page
The IOstrich will provide 40 GPIOs, based on the HackTrack Shield. Up to 8 of these shields can (theoretically) be stacked on one Arduino, giving a total of 320 added-on GPIOs. The shield can be used in either 3.3v or 5v mode, and is 5v-tolerant in both modes.
- 2012-01-29: Assembled first few shields, released as Strich Labs SHLD-0003!
- 2012-01-22: Ordered connectors from 4U. Completed all documentation and final library code, set up a github project for it and created product info pages on Strich Labs' site.
- 2012-01-19: Ordered all parts except for connectors, which make a lot more sense to order from 4U (125 connectors from DK are $32, 2000 connectors from 4U are $45).
- 2012-01-06: Boards received, first one assembled (s/n 0010), passes all tests OK. Will order parts for the rest of the production run when I get back from CA. Also need to take photos of the board for the site.
- 2011-12-27: Library complete and tested against real hardware. Production boards ordered from MyRO. Parts ordered for two assemblies from Digikey.
- 2011-12-26: Finished library (implemented pin inversion and interrupt-on-change), still needs testing against hardware (that is at the lab right now).
- 2011-12-25: Library bug fixed, self-test code written, existing board passes self-test.
- 2011-10-18: First board assembled, but no time to test today.
- 2011-10-13: PCBs and parts received.
- 2011-10-09: Parts ordered, still awaiting PCBs.
- 2011-09-18: Completed/tagged rev. 1 and submitted to Laen.
- 2011-09-17: Forked HackTrack Shield to create IOstrich, completed changes to schematic, completely redesigned PCB layout, and BOM is now on file at Digikey. Will do the final checklist review and submit to Laen tomorrow.
Known Issues - Revision 2
- URL points to hackstrich instead of Strich Labs