I'm building a RepRap Huxley, printing parts on the HackLab's Makerbot.
- Cartesian Bot: RepRap Huxley (formerly Mini-Mendel)
- Extruder/Hot End: Universal Mini Extruder modified for bowden cable
- Electronics: Sanguinololu
- 2012-06: Dormant until post-burn as all my time is going into Beacon4.
- 2012-01-31: Parts for extruder arrived.
- 2012-01-29: Tested motors with Sanguinololu and ReplicatorG, everything seems to work!
- 2012-01-28: Ordered all remaining parts for extruder other than M6 bolt/wing nut from Technobots.
- 2012-01-27: Built Sanguinololu, got bootloader uploaded and installed Sprinter on it. ReplicatorG recognizes it, but ran out of time to test it with motors.
- 2012-01-18: Received Sanguinololu boards, ordered parts.
- 2011-12-30: Obtained bolts/nuts/washers/threaded rod/drill rod from Fastenal. Printed a couple more large parts. Received hot end parts.
- 2011-12-23 - 2011-12-30: Printed a bunch more parts. No issues/nothing notable happened.
- 2011-12-22: Frog plate/y-chassis2 cut on the laser, looks awesome! Printed a bunch more large parts, attempted to print the main drive cogs, but they are long and tall and our Makerbot can't get any kind of reasonable precision on them. Aborted after 15mins, will need to figure out another way.
- 2011-12-21: Did a bunch more hours of printing with no issues, also converted the frog plate (y-chassis2) from 3d printable STL to laserable DXF.
- 2011-12-11: Searched for a place to buy Sanguinololu PCBs, after shipping all of them are more expensive than just making them myself. Sent gerbers to Laen. Parts still need ordering. Ordered a hot end part set for the Universal Mini Extruder as I have no way to machine the brass parts required.
- 2011-12-09: Pololu order arrived, now have the steppers and drivers required. Still need to order Sanguinololu.
- 2011-12-06: More work on parts lists, printed a bunch of actual bot parts.
- 2011-12-05: Printed the fixed block with no issues. Started putting together parts lists.
- 2011-12-04: Printed all components for the extruder other than the fixed block. The duct-1 component failed 95% through the print, I think it should be okay as-is, but if not a separate extension piece could probably be added. Decided on Sanguinololu electronics, ordered 1x NEMA11 stepper, 3x NEMA14 steppers, and Pololu stepper drivers from Pololu. Still need to order Sanguinololu itself.
Extruder Cold End
|M3 nut||33||Fastenal||100x M3 hex nuts obtained|
|M4 nut||1||Fastenal||100x M4 hex nuts obtained|
|M6 wing nut||2|
|12mm M2.5 screws||4||Technobots||Obtained|
|30mm M3 cap screw||1||Fastenal||100x M3x25 bolts obtained|
|10mm M3 grub/set screw||1||Technobots||Obtained|
|15mm M4 cap screws||2||Fastenal||100x M4 x 16 screws obtained|
|80mm M6 bolt||1|
|M3 threaded rod 40mm long||1||Technobots||Obtained|
|M3 threaded rod 55mm long||4||Technobots||Obtained|
|M3 threaded rod 80mm long||2||Technobots||Obtained|
|Wire spring - 1mm wire, 4mm ID, 12mm long||1||Technobots||Obtained|
|626 bearing (6x19x6)||2||Technobots||Obtained|
|623 bearing (3x10x4)||1||Technobots||Obtained|
|M3x20 Screw||Some||Fastenal||100x M3x25 bolts obtained|
|M3x30 Screw||Some||Fastenal||100x M3x25 bolts obtained|
|1/4" Keps Locknut||100||Fastenal|
|M3 Nut||100||Fastenal||100x M3 hex nuts obtained|
|1/4" Threaded Rod - 3'||2||Fastenal|
|1/4" Drill Rod||???||Fastenal|
- All parts printed!
- 1x purge-plate
- 1x x-axis-sandwich-clamp
- 2x x-belt-clamp
- 1x x-blunt-plate
- 1x x-carriage-lower-right
- 1x x-carriage-upper
- 1x x-motor-end-clamp
- 2x y-belt-clamp
- 1x y-belt-nut-trap
- 1x z-driven-pulley
- 2x z-bar-top-clamp
- 1x y-chassis2 (frog plate, lazzored)